Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Begning....

This one is for one who smiles with happiness when they see my face -Every time


Hello to you lovely kind folks who have decided to read this blog. I decided to write after lot of back and forth and contemplation – why would anyone want to read this – who will read this – will they like it– would they look forward to it day after or week after? Lots of conflicting emotions – could not make up mind. But then yesterday I was passing magnolia bakery on upper west side and in an instant I decided to eat a cupcake and in that instant I decided to write – just for my pleasure – just to make myself feel good-just like that cupcake.


So who am I? I have decided to write under pseudo name till our movie sells – just because we had such a varied experience in making this movie – an experience that has left us rich in understanding people, things, places, emotions. I am going to take you guys with us on journey from the point we put the project together to now – we are in last stage of our post production.

I am one of the producers of this movie. So what does a producer do? Well he/ She produces – as in not in egg or milk but a movie- someone who finds financing for and supervises the making and presentation of a show (play or film or program or similar work)- That’s us – A film Producer. We producers take lot of shit and give lot of shit – actually we do take lot of shit. We are the guys who everyone finds a reason to be upset with – for being paid, for not being paid, for food, for toilet paper and in my case for cows in India! Yes that story will be discussed in later –when I talk about the production.


Since I have known myself I have always wanted to produce – I have a great knack for putting things together and I get this orgasmic pleasure when things go according to clockwork – no goof ups – no slip ups – Just smooth running! So I slogged my ass as a PA, got promoted to associate producer on few shows and events and had an opportunity to work with some awesome talent. THEN I LANDED THIS MOVIE – and life has never been the same. Making movie is like bearing a child – first you are excited – then when your are all fat and ugly and can hardly walk – you wish it would promptly pop out – when you get the contractions you wish you had used a contraceptive – but when the baby come out and you see its face for the first time – it’s precious –something so wonderful- it leaves you speechless – that’s movie making. When I saw our locked picture few days back I could not sleep that night – I went our every scene – every dialogue – every laugh – again and again. I could not believe that what we have produced is so wonderful – so beautiful. Mr Weinstein please call us now or you might lose an opportunity of an lifetime
We producers work very hard – really hard and no not all of us are men, cigar smokers, skirt chasers and have pot belly. That’s why the best award in Oscars is kept for us – BEST PICTURE – Yes the biggest one is for us!

Anyways its almost midnight and tomorrow we will be getting feedback from the sales agents.
I have to go- next blog I will take you in flashback –putting our project together.
Till then
love,fun and Credits Roll

Meow

Out take- 1

A producer is lying by the pool at the Beverly Hilton. His partner arrives in a great state of excitement. "How'd the meeting go?" asks the first guy.
"It went great," says his buddy. "Tarentino will write and direct for six million, Mel Gibson will star for eight, and we can bring in the whole picture for under fifty million."
"Fabulous," says the guy by the pool.
"There's just one catch," his partner warns.
"What's the catch?"
"We have to put up ten thousand in cash," his partner replies.

1 comment: